Malibu Urgent Care is located at 23656 PCH adjacent to the Chevron station at Webb Way
Malibu Urgent Care Center provides Malibu residents and visitors with quality urgent care medical services on demand seven days a week, 365 days a year.
The Malibu Urgent Care Center (MUCC) is the only local medical facility that offers walk-in service, is staffed by board-certified emergency room physicians, and is open daily from 9 AM to 7 PM. During the summers, extended hours are from 9 AM to 8 PM seven days a week.
The exponential growth of the number of annual patient visits graphically documents the ongoing need for Malibu Urgent Care Center in Malibu. Patient visits doubled from 1997 to 2000, and again from 2000 to 2008.
Highlights from Malibu Urgent Care Center's past few years:
- Uniform hours for after-hours and weekend operation since 1997
- Expanded payment options that include third-party insurance
- Rated "Excellent" or "Very Good" by 96 percent of their patients
- Provides annual free flu shots as a community service to public school teachers, police officers and fire officials
- Patient-centered focus that includes:
- Next-day follow-up call to all patients
- Prescriptions phoned into pharmacies
- Phone questions answered by an ER staff physician
- Assistance to all patients to solve health or insurance related issues
- Medical information shared with the patient's primary care physician
MUCC's co-medical directors are Dr. David Frankle and Dr. Jill Furgurson, who have both been on staff since 1994.
David M. Frankle, MD, has been board-certified in emergency
medicine since 1980. He is also an ER physician at
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Jill Furgurson, MD, has been a board-certified in emergency medicine since 1980. She is also an ER physician at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura.
Friends of Malibu Urgent Care Center
P.O. Box 6836
Malibu, California 90264
To contact physicians:
Malibu Urgent Care Center
23656 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265